Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Cheque

Options
  • 27-11-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

How long do it take to get a cheque from mart?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

zetor 4911 wrote: »

I'd say it's a how long is a piece of string sort of thing.
    The mart I use sale is on a Saturday. The office is open a half day on Monday and I think they do up the cheques.
    You'd have them then midweek to the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭zetor 4911

I'd say it's a how long is a piece of string sort of thing.
    The mart I use sale is on a Saturday. The office is open a half day on Monday and I think they do up the cheques.
    You'd have them then midweek to the end of the week.

Sold them yesterday week post has come today still no cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Ardee mart, you have the cheque home with you. Edited to say the post has been terrible this last few weeks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I'm sure if you phoned the mart they'd give you a better idea of where you stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Got a cheque from a factory in the south east today for a cow I sold in the mart last july !!
    Should I cash it right quick and go on one mighty booze up ???��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,100 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Have you signed the vat declaration, that can slow it up too.
    If you have that done I'd be getting on to them, there's no excuse for that length

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Taking bout a week to get a cheque in the door from Carnaross

• Registered Users Posts: 11,118 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Mart in nenagh is Tuesday and u have cheque Friday signed up for online payement few years ago now it’s in account Thursday morning

I'm sure if you phoned the mart they'd give you a better idea of where you stand.

Rang them and they said that they were posted on Monday of this week and no one has received their cheques yet they blaming an Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Got a cheque from a factory in the south east today for a cow I sold in the mart last july !!

Doubtful if you'd get away with that.
    How much more did she make in the factory than what you sold her for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Waiting on a mart cheque here too. I’d say it’s just the post. The start of the week now hopefully will see something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Did you check to see was she ever taken off your herd profile after being sold? The reason being I'd expect that since you received the check then the cow must still have been in your herd on paper at least.

That can be a common problem concerning mart transfer's along with completing the transfer into the wrong herd. I'd imagine the booze up suggestion was in jest. I needn't tell you to do the honest thing and own up as it's going to followed up eventually when the rightful owner queries the absence of his check

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭downtown3858

Ring the man that bought the cow and give him his cheque . Or else ring the factory and explain. Honesty is always the best way... you get a bita luck out of it. Be no luck out of cashing someone else’s money

tanko wrote: »
    Doubtful if you'd get away with that.
    How much more did she make in the factory than what you sold her for?

I sold her for 670 in july out of the palour cheque for 1095 she done well I taugh .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

I once got two cheques for the same load of cows once from the factory they were priced different but the cheque amount was more or less the same.

Ring the man that bought the cow and give him his cheque . Or else ring the factory and explain. Honesty is always the best way... you get a bita luck out of it. Be no luck out of cashing someone else’s money

Cheque would be no good to the other person with my name on it anyways
    I taugh about ringing the factory but they can ring me I cant be wasteing my phone credit cheque probably be stop by now and new one issued

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Cheque would be no good to the other person with my name on it anyways
    I taugh about ringing the factory but they can ring me I cant be wasteing my phone credit cheque probably be stop by now and new one issued

If the cheque was issued to you the cow was still in your name. Mart must never have done the movement. Processor's will no longer issue a cheque to anyone except the name on the herd number the animal came out of. Processor will have nothing to do with it

This is because about 10 years ago when the last crash happened a tangler who was delivering cattle to a factory for a farmer did a fraud on them. He told them the load of cattle were his and got the cheque for the cattle made out to himself. He then cashed it and left the country.

A few days later when the cheque was overdue a few days the farmer rang up about it. Processor tried to make out it was the farmers problem and case went legal but did not reach court they had to stump up a second time for same load of cattle. Since then factories will only make cheque out to herd owner, most marts are similar. Cheques are made out to herd number owner.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

If the cheque was issued to you the cow was still in your name. Mart must never have done the movement. Processor's will no longer issue a cheque to anyone except the name on the herd number the animal came out of. Processor will have nothing to do with it

This is because about 10 years ago when the last crash happened a tangler who was delivering cattle to a factory for a farmer did a fraud on them. He told them the load of cattle were his and got the cheque for the cattle made out to himself. He then cashed it and left the country.

A few days later when the cheque was overdue a few days the farmer rang up about it. Processor tried to make out it was the farmers problem and case went legal but did not reach court they had to stump up a second time for same load of cattle. Since then factories will only make cheque out to herd owner, most marts are similar. Cheques are made out to herd number owner.

There's only two factorys left both independent from the big 3 who dont cross their cheques.

There's no mart down here that want anything to do with cheques. The last mart that was flexible stopped about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,186 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Was that the reason as I always thought it was due to the Revenue Commissioners and DAFM combining and trying to stamp out money laundering from illicit sources 👋

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Base price wrote: »
    Was that the reason as I always thought it was due to the Revenue Commissioners and DAFM combining and trying to stamp out money laundering from illicit sources 👋

That was the reason heard it was to the tune of 30-40k they were caught for. It was a regular crack at the time a farmer would sell a few cattle to a dealer he carry straight to factory and get cheque paid to him. It also worked for BnB cattle allowing them to be slaughtered straight from that herd.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

I get the Mart cheque two days after the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,261 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

There was post here today

whelan2 wrote: »
    There was post here today

Had post today as well still no cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Clare Marts will lodge direct to your account if you sign up for that. Arrives account three or four days after the sake. You get a statement of details of the animals sold, price etc, in the post also a few days after the sale.
    Saves bolloxing around lodging cheques.

Advertisement