Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for Windows and Gutters cleaning

Options
  • 27-11-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

How much should you pay to get Windows and Gutters incl inside, Facias, Soffits etc cleaned ?
    4/5 bed detached 2-storey house. Ballpark.
    Leinster but not Dublin based.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

We are in Louth.

I have the same size house as yourself, and we pay 2euro per window, so in total we pay 38 euro for a window clean.

It came as a bit of a shock to me as im originally from Derry and the same job there would cost £10 max.

Not sure about the gutters, we had a boy call to the house and offer to do our gutters for 45 euro. Im just going to hire a ladder and do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Roddylarge wrote: »
    Im just going to hire a ladder and do it myself.
    No you're not, you can't hire a ladder any longer due to "health and safety" and the world gone mad. Even if you have space for a scissor lift or cherry picker you can't hire that either without a safe pass cert to prove you're properly trained in it's operation.

I was looking to hire a ladder last year and ended up having to buy one. That said I don't fancy working of heights but it beats paying someone to do a half job and maybe even damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

I might have to buy one then at that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,321 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Here’s what came in the door today

No you're not, you can't hire a ladder any longer due to "health and safety" and the world gone mad.

I can rent ladders at my local hire shop.

From triple extenders to roof ladders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement