Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch strap

• 26-11-2020 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi folks....thinking of refreshing a couple of watches with a new watch strap. I see watchobsession.co.uk have 20% off for black Friday. Are they ok to deal with? Are Hirsch straps good or is there any other brand they stock that I should consider? Finally, what kind of money should I spend minimum to bet a good quality strap that would be equivalent to what you'd expect from a nice watch maker directly? I'm interested in a brown croc maybe.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've never dealt with watchobsession but a friend has bought from them and he had no issues. I bought a strap from WatchGecko and they were good to deal with, prompt delivery and the strap is excellent. They have a 10% off thing for Black Friday.

I had a Hirsch strap years ago and it outlasted the watch, that's good enough for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I've never dealt with watchobsession but a friend has bought from them and he had no issues. I bought a strap from WatchGecko and they were good to deal with, prompt delivery and the strap is excellent. They have a 10% off thing for Black Friday.

I had a Hirsch strap years ago and it outlasted the watch, that's good enough for me :D

Hi, thanks for the feedback....do you remember what ball park the strap price was in? they seem to have a wide range of prices, from 30 odd quid to crazy prices at the other end....i was thinking of going for one for around 50 quid before 20% discount and hoping that its a nice strap but am i fooling myself for that kind of money? Next ones up are around 75.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the feedback....do you remember what ball park the strap price was in? they seem to have a wide range of prices, from 30 odd quid to crazy prices at the other end....i was thinking of going for one for around 50 quid before 20% discount and hoping that its a nice strap but am i fooling myself for that kind of money? Next ones up are around 75.....

I paid €50 for it but that was about 15 years ago or even more...I remember being shocked at the time because the value of the watch was probably less.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi folks....thinking of refreshing a couple of watches with a new watch strap. I see watchobsession.co.uk have 20% off for black Friday. Are they ok to deal with? Are Hirsch straps good or is there any other brand they stock that I should consider? Finally, what kind of money should I spend minimum to bet a good quality strap that would be equivalent to what you'd expect from a nice watch maker directly? I'm interested in a brown croc maybe.....

I got a Hirsch robby (?) performance strap from them this time last year, I think it was €42 incl. postage, no complaints yet. I have it on the Damasko, if you do a search of my posts around March/April this year you should see pics.

edit https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113739769

My bad it's Andy not robby

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Hirsch are very nice - thick, soft leather and good quality hardware. They usually have options for brushed/polished/PVD buckles which is nice if you want to match it with the finish on the watch case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Well OP did you buy one after? Prices have jumped on watch obsession since Friday.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well OP did you buy one after? Prices have jumped on watch obsession since Friday.

I did yes.....went for for one around 50 euro and a cheaper one for 25 odd so altogether less than 60 for the 2 after discount....went address pal too so should be only 3.5 for deliver to local PO. lobbed the cheaper strap in at the last minute just to see what the quality is like....both hirsch....

Advertisement