Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for boiler & associated works - sound ok?

Options
  • 26-11-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to let me know if this is reasonable quote? Just moved into a house and the existing gas boiler is on its last legs so want to get a decent one put in and get the old analogue timer replaced with digital controls.

Remove current gas boiler and take away for recycling.
    Supply and fit new Viessmann Vitodens 100w high efficiency gas boiler and flue
    Supply and fit magnetic filter and flush of the system.
    Split system into 2 zones, Heating and Hot water using EPH ember.
    All necessary pipework.
    new condense line.

€3,800.
    I can claim €750 seai grant which means I’ve to get a ber cert for about €200 so would work out at €3,250 all in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

That sound like a good price in fairness, did you get any other quote

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Summer2020

That sound like a good price in fairness, did you get any other quote

Thanks no I didn’t get any others yet was just wondering roughly would that be considered reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Thanks no I didn’t get any others yet was just wondering roughly would that be considered reasonable

Sounds reasonable to me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Might be worth getting a 3rd zone while you are at it. We split upstairs and downstairs. This saves us turning off individual rads upstairs when we just want to take the chill out of the room downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Might be worth getting a 3rd zone while you are at it. We split upstairs and downstairs. This saves us turning off individual rads upstairs when we just want to take the chill out of the room downstairs

I had wanted to do upstairs downstairs but he said the layout of the pipes made it impossible without running a new pipe .but yeah ideally I’d have wanted 3 zone

• Advertisement
Advertisement