Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene in bottom of Oil Stove

Options
  • 26-11-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Checking here as our plumber isn't free for a few days. We have a kerosene stove (Efel Harmony) which we turn on every morning by twisting the handle to determine what power and then holding a button on the side to light it. This morning, there was a strong smell of kerosene from the stove and when I checked, the bottom (where the lighter is located) is covered in what appears to be about an inch of kerosene. Can I simply remove the kerosene from the bottom somehow, let it dry out and then light it again?

In relation to how it possibly happened, my wife lit lit it recently and when she came back it wasn't lit but the handle was still turned to the on position. If it somehow went out, would the kerosene continue to be fed into it, causing the puddle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Just to answer my own question in case anyone is looking for similar in the future - I sponged out the kerosene from the bottom and discarded it, let the remnants dry out with the door open and then lit it up. There was a little remaining to be burned off initially but running grand there now.

Advertisement