Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop recycling

Options
  • 25-11-2020 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have about 18 laptops that I am about to dump, does anybody know a place where these can be re-used?, like a third world country or a charity, some only have a cracked screen, some are bad hard drives which I have removed, they can work again but I want rid of them................Anybody?

The processors are mostly intel, i5 being the top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

See electronic–recycling.ie finglas they takes pcs and laptops

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

One option: https://www.promiseit.ie/

“Promise IT to Rehab Recycle is a corporate donations programme which facilitates companies in the secure donation of IT equipment to schools, charities and community groups.”

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mindancer

One option: https://www.promiseit.ie/

“Promise IT to Rehab Recycle is a corporate donations programme which facilitates companies in the secure donation of IT equipment to schools, charities and community groups.”

The website seems not to be reached...

riclad wrote: »
    See electronic–recycling.ie finglas they takes pcs and laptops

I live in finglas so that would be cool if they really recycle them...........Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Curry's will take them free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thread moved to Laptop forum, note local charter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

mindancer wrote: »
    The website seems not to be reached...

They seem to have an expired certificate (slightly ironic, given that they’re an IT enterprise), but the website itself does work if you ignore the browser warnings (although one may not be comfortable with doing that)

It’s run by Rehab. Here’s the contact details on their site if you can’t get in

Promise IT Head Office,
    77 Broomhill Road,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24
    Tel: FreeFone 1800 661 551
    Fax: 00 353 (0) 1 452 8123
    Email: promiseit@rehabrecycle.ie

(I’ve absolutely no affiliation or experience with them, only came across them tonight in response to this thread)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Advertisement