Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s cloneygowan like as a place to live?

Options
  • 25-11-2020 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I’m considering buying a house on cloneygown and wondered what it’s like as a place to live?

Housing is cheap there, I have a job offer in Portlaoise.

Honest thoughts welcome on this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I’m considering buying a house on cloneygown and wondered what it’s like as a place to live?

Housing is cheap there, I have a job offer in Portlaoise.

Honest thoughts welcome on this.

Thanks

Lived there for ten years or so. Lovely place to live, friendly people, 5 mins to portarlington. Pity the shop is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Awkwardstroke

Thanks for that,

So there is no shop now? will the pub stay open? and whats the local primary school like?

Some years ago driving through there I seen an unfinished new housing development, is that completed now?

sorry for all the questions and thanks for your earlier reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Thanks for that,

So there is no shop now? will the pub stay open? and whats the local primary school like?

Some years ago driving through there I seen an unfinished new housing development, is that completed now?

sorry for all the questions and thanks for your earlier reply.

Housing is finished now, with more being built, possibly all sold. We would have stayed there if the right house came up.
    School is very good imo. Nice country school.
    Yea shop is closed but I wouldn't rule out one opening in the future.
    Dirreens will open again, pool table, active darts teams and good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Is Murphys pub in Cloneygowan permanently closed?

Advertisement