Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork

Options
  • 25-11-2020 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I have a friend who is possibly going to relocate back to Ireland after 15 years or so living in the States ,

He is originally from but Dublin would be moving to Cork because of work just wondering where out of the below you would recommend to bring up a young family , His kids are 4 & 6

Glanmire, Ballincollig, Douglas or with a slightly further commute Blarney, Midleton or Carrigaline ,

An other suggestion of nice places to set up home in Cork close enough to the City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Be right back

Hey guys
    I have a friend who is possibly going to relocate back to Ireland after 15 years or so living in the States ,

He is originally from but Dublin would be moving to Cork because of work just wondering where out of the below you would recommend to bring up a young family , His kids are 4 & 6

Glanmire, Ballincollig, Douglas or with a slightly further commute Blarney, Midleton or Carrigaline ,

An other suggestion of nice places to set up home in Cork close enough to the City

Whitechurch is near Blarney and the city. Seems to be quite popular with young families too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

All depends on budget

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rom wrote: »
    All depends on budget

If you could afford all area's what would you recommend,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

If you could afford all area's what would you recommend,

Have a look at this thread - might help with some insights of areas
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058136356

If money not an issue in City I would go for -
    - Blackrock Road/beuamount ( anywhere around Marina really) Montenotee/St Lukes/Lovers walk , or Up around UCC area (magazine road/Glasheen/highfield)

Advertisement