Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show - Virtual Audience Members

Options
  • 25-11-2020 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

I heard of someone last week who was rushing to get their application in to become a Virtual Audience Member on the Toy Show.

They said the just one part of the many requirements were to record your face as you sat there showcasing a range of varied emotions for consideration by the dedicated virtual audience selection Personnel at RTE.

Immediately it became obvious that they only want to give tickets to those people out there with the biggest, widest and most maniacal grins so they can show close-ups of them lapping up Ryan's charm and wit as he makes smart comments in the direction of the kids for the benefits of the half-cut parents watching at home over 3 bottles of wine.

The worrying thing though was that one of the facial expressions they require from a potential Audience Member is one of sadness.

I shudder to think what they've planned here when the required reaction involves a having a facial expression showing the grim and heart-rending depths of human emotional distress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Prepare for lots of virtue signalling and wokeness from Ryan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

RTÉ in “television show is stage managed” shocker.

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Immediately it became obvious that they only want to give tickets to those people out there with the biggest, widest and most maniacal grins so they can show close-ups of them lapping up Ryan's charm and wit as he makes smart comments in the direction of the kids for the benefits of the half-cut parents watching at home over 3 bottles of wine.

There might be a joker in the pack. Sick bags should be mandatory when Tubs issues his monologue that "we are all united in this struggle together". On planet Ryan, being on half a million per annum is comparable to hundreds of thousands people forced out of employment courtesy of his new besties in NPHET. All the slick RTÉ stage management isn't going to bridge that socio-economic divide, overwhelming entitlement versus let the plebs have a few crumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

There might be a joker in the pack. Sick bags should be mandatory when Tubs issues his monologue that "we are all united in this struggle together". On planet Ryan, being on half a million per annum is comparable to hundreds of thousands people forced out of employment courtesy of his new besties in NPHET. All the slick RTÉ stage management isn't going to bridge that socio-economic divide, overwhelming entitlement versus let the plebs have a few crumbs.

He should be on twice that just in case the BBC try to poach him. We need to ring fence our stars guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I can't bear the man's voice or face for a second before scrambling to change the channel or turn off the radio. How do people watch this man? I can't believe people actually sit down and watch this crap, forever a mystery to me. All while he's bagging 100s of 1000s of taxpayers money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Paddygreen wrote: »
    He should be on twice that just in case the BBC try to poach him. We need to ring fence our stars guys.

Nice to see your back Paddy. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

You are the worst writer I have ever seen.

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I heard of someone last week who was rushing to get their application in to become a Virtual Audience Member on the Toy Show.

They said the just one part of the many requirements were to record your face as you sat there showcasing a range of varied emotions for consideration by the dedicated virtual audience selection Personnel at RTE.

The worrying thing though was that one of the facial expressions they require from a potential Audience Member is one of sadness.

I shudder to think what they've planned here when the required reaction involves a having a facial expression showing the grim and heart-rending depths of human emotional distress.

Would you be fcukin bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,375 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Would you be fcukin bothered?

Some people will do anything to get their mug on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Maybe we could get our photo taken with Miriam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

The toy show hasn't even started and I already want to punch Ryan Tubridy in his smug f*cking face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

wokeness

If I didn't know any better, I'd think people on here were throwing that word into every thread for a bet.

It'll get at least a million viewers, but I doubt I'll be one of them. The hatred some people have for Ryan Tubridy is a bit over-the-top. At worst, he's mildly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Never knew Tubbs was a furry

Toy-Show-reveal-010-scaled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Never knew Tubbs was a furry

Toy-Show-reveal-010-scaled.jpg

This is why I want to punch him in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd lay my house on it he says "A year like no other" at least 10 times.

Ffs people tune in to forget about the obvious current problem.

Advertisement