Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on DAFM Farm Building and Structures Specifications

Options
  • 25-11-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Just wondering if the DAFM Farm Building and Structures Specifications are a legal requirement to be complied with for building agricultural structures or are they minimum requirements in order to get grants from the DAFM to build an agricultural building?

Example would be "S101 Minimum Specifications for the structure of Agricultural Buildings".

Thanks in advance,
    Tasha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭minerleague

tashab2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if the DAFM Farm Building and Structures Specifications are a legal requirement to be complied with for building agricultural structures or are they minimum requirements in order to get grants from the DAFM to build an agricultural building?

Example would be "S101 Minimum Specifications for the structure of Agricultural Buildings".

Thanks in advance,
    Tasha

Dont think they are like building code for houses , have to follow them for grants but building for yourself just a guide for best practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Its no harm follow them. I was at the ploughing 3 years ago and there was a fine shed there. Shed was packed and guy there taking orders big time. I had look at the shed and not one brace on it. Couldn't believe my eyes and it was a big high shed.
    You'd have to wonder some times. Are these handy guys designing these sheds themselves.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Its no harm follow them. I was at the ploughing 3 years ago and there was a fine shed there. Shed was packed and guy there taking orders big time. I had look at the shed and not one brace on it. Couldn't believe my eyes and it was a big high shed.
    You'd have to wonder some times. Are these handy guys designing these sheds themselves.

Well, if he was takeing plenty of orders then the braces were needless.

Advertisement