Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake iPhone 12 PRO

Options
  • 24-11-2020 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was cheated today with a fake ipone 12 pro Max. saw it in the Market place in FB. Agreed to meet in Kildaire. He said that he bought it from apple store,Dublin. He gave me the receipt , IMEI printed in the pack matched the same. Opened the pack, looks exactly the same , paid €1000 as agreed. Came home, switched it on and unable to register. Poor display and poor camera. Checked IMEI on the phone and was shocked. IMEI does not match the box or the receipt. Understood that this is a chineese made replica of iphone12 pro max. Tried to contact the seller, FB deleted ,phone not ringing and no whatsapp. Went to the Gardai, they cant do anything as they told that I should have checked it before buying it. I understand its my mistake. But someone is after cheaing me and I lost €1000. I don't know what to do next. Please, if someone could guide me on this , it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Nothing you can do, put it down as a life lesson and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I am sorry to say Facebook is riddled with scammers. I have stopped reporting them as they dont give two fu**s. Even the ads are bogey and they dont do anything.

Thinking out loud, maybe if you spot them again, arrange a purchase and have the cops waiting for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Someone like that will not stop, they will have another add up soon enough.

My suggestion is to keep an eye out for similar ads and if you spot one then get a friend to engage him and see if it’s same guy. If it is then agree to meet and let the police know that you intend to conform him, they will be there!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Horrible absolutely horrible especially before Christmas. Let this be a warning to all those who are purchasing off those gimmick Facebook ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Where did you meet him, is it possible there's CCTV of the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Johntom1987

In front of Kildare village

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Use another/Create another FB account and arrange to meet him again, same spot. Bring some buddys and kick the sh!t out of him :) (Don't do that)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭turfthrower

God, that's awful. What a ****ty thing for someone to do. I've sold a few bits of Apple gear when I've upgraded, and in every case the people who I met to make the deal with via Facebook Marketplace insisted I wait while they powered up and paired those devices - phones and watches. I never thought anything of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭corks finest

I was cheated today with a fake ipone 12 pro Max. saw it in the Market place in FB. Agreed to meet in Kildaire. He said that he bought it from apple store,Dublin. He gave me the receipt , IMEI printed in the pack matched the same. Opened the pack, looks exactly the same , paid €1000 as agreed. Came home, switched it on and unable to register. Poor display and poor camera. Checked IMEI on the phone and was shocked. IMEI does not match the box or the receipt. Understood that this is a chineese made replica of iphone12 pro max. Tried to contact the seller, FB deleted ,phone not ringing and no whatsapp. Went to the Gardai, they cant do anything as they told that I should have checked it before buying it. I understand its my mistake. But someone is after cheaing me and I lost €1000. I don't know what to do next. Please, if someone could guide me on this , it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Any update on that awful episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any update on that awful episode?

yeah somebody had a nice xmas while other had a miserable one

• Advertisement
Advertisement