Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressure dropped on heating system.

Options
  • 24-11-2020 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Sorry this was probably asked 100 times. New to the whole home ownership so just looking help if possible.

I had to bleed the upstairs radiators this eve as they weren’t heating up fully & a fair bit of air came out.

Then I had the heat on later on & the larger radiators weren’t heating. Looked at the pressure gauge in the hot press & it was pretty much at 0.

Just wondering how I get the pressure back up? I seen something about letting water back in or something. There’s 2 valves I can see but just not sure if I’m supposed to opening them or not? I opened them both briefly but there was no movement on the gauge so I just put them back to their original position. Photos attached.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

You need to connect both ends of that silver braided hose Then open both valves slowly and bring that gauge up to about 1 bar.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭rossieboy

Wearb wrote: »
    You need to connect both ends of that silver braided hose Then open both valves slowly and bring that gauge up to about 1 bar.

Connect the silver braided hose to where? Sorry, I’m clueless 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Is there a valve at each end of silver hose? Open them until pressure increases a bit then close... a few seconds only

Is there a valve at each end of silver hose? Open them until pressure increases a bit then close... a few seconds only

The silver hose isn't connected to anything. Not sure where I should be connecting it?

It looks like it should be connected to those 2 capped valves in the images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭py

I actually see a third valve under the wood in the first photo, might be worth opening that up before you start messing with hoses.

py wrote: »
    I actually see a third valve under the wood in the first photo, might be worth opening that up before you start messing with hoses.

Yeah that’s the valve in the second picture that you can see. I did open both but nothing happened I’m afraid.

Did you remove the caps, attach the hose and then open them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Make sure valves are closed , remove caps , connect hose , open both caps briefly
    Bob should be your uncle

Thanks for that!!

I’m going to try that shortly.

The hose doesn’t seem long enough to connect the two but I’ll know soon enough.

I’ll keep ye posted.

Thanks

• Advertisement

That worked a treat folks!

Thanks for all your help! Really appreciate it.

Advertisement