Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed near Esb line

Options
  • 24-11-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

How a yas? I’m re roofing an old hayshed at the minute and found out today I’m too near a esb line. I’m using the original uprights which are up since Adam was a boy and before the line was in. I’m also putting a lean to roof instead of the round one so the shed is lower. Have I any guidelines to work off or anything to help me case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

390kid wrote: »
    How a yas? I’m re roofing an old hayshed at the minute and found out today I’m too near a esb line. I’m using the original uprights which are up since Adam was a boy and before the line was in. I’m also putting a lean to roof instead of the round one so the shed is lower. Have I any guidelines to work off or anything to help me case

You can get the ESB to move the line. Especially if they put it over an old shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

You can get the ESB to move the line. Especially if they put it over an old shed.

It’s running into pylon would that make any difference? Was told to stop work immediately on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

It’s running into pylon would that make any difference? Was told to stop work immediately on it

Sounds like a bigger job alright. They won’t like moving that. If your shed was there first they shouldn’t have put the lines over it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Esb moved 3 phase line for me last year. Wasn't too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

I would be telling them to move it.

As an aside when working under a high voltage line (even when "insulated") you don't have to touch line to get electrocuted; the electricity will arc across air gap when there is a route to ground.

A man on a steel frame shed with a sheet of galvanise in his hands is a pretty good conductor and route to ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Sounds like a bigger job alright. They won’t like moving that. If your shed was there first they shouldn’t have put the lines over it

Well I heard last night me grandfather had the same row with them so il stick with the argument it was there before the line and it’s lower than original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Well I heard last night me grandfather had the same row with them so il stick with the argument it was there before the line and it’s lower than original

https://www.poconsol.ie/poc/what-are-my-rights-in-relation-to-the-installation-of-an-electricity-pole-on-my-land/

Advertisement