Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What scary story is told in your area/town?

Options
  • 24-11-2020 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

It can be based in fact or fiction, what is a story that tends to always make the rounds in your area. Around Schull, Cork a story that is always told is about Sophie Toscan du Plantier and how she was killed one night with a rock. That was one of the first stories about the area told to me when I moved there.
    What grisly story is told in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭corner of hells

MsStote wrote: »
    It can be based in fact or fiction, what is a story that tends to always make the rounds in your area. Around Schull, Cork a story that is always told is about Sophie Toscan du Plantier and how she was killed one night with a rock. That was one of the first stories about the area told to me when I moved there.
    What grisly story is told in your area?

My grandmother terrorised us as kids with the story of either a British Soldier or Tan captured injured during the war of independence around the border between Roscommon and Longford as he was being taken across the Shannon on a winter night he realised he was going to be thrown from a small boat into the river and left to drown.

He screams can apparently be heard on winters night during stormy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Used to always talk about Hunter Gowan and how he would get you around certain parts, headless horseman style from what I remember, been a long time since I've thought of that, in wexford by the way

Advertisement