Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of my tasks are moving to a colleague

Options
  • 24-11-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've found out that part of my tasks that I perform is now moving to someone else and I wanted some advice on how to handle this?

Should I ask for more work in replacement of this? It hasn't been officially announced to me but a colleague told me and this task is listed in my job description.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Have a chat with your manager, say that you will now have some more bandwidth and seek another project to work on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Diziet wrote: »
    Have a chat with your manager, say that you will now have some more bandwidth and seek another project to work on?

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Katy20 wrote: »
    I've found out that part of my tasks that I perform is now moving to someone else and I wanted some advice on how to handle this?

Should I ask for more work in replacement of this? It hasn't been officially announced to me but a colleague told me and this task is listed in my job description.

Is there any reason/logic to it, could it be possible that this colleague is better at numeric processes or whatever the type of task is and therefore it makes sense for your manager to pass the workload over to make the office more efficient.
    Are you completing all tasks assigned in time ? Are you struggling with your workload ? It may be that your colleague appears as being more ambitious/enthusiastic about their work and the manager wants to see if they can use their enthusiasm and get more efficiency in the office.

As others have said, speak with your manager, he/she is the only person who can explain what is happening.

Advertisement