Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 178 starter bolts

Options
  • 23-11-2020 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all in the process of trying to start an old mf 178 that has been idle for a few years. the starter is missing now I can get a starter but does anyone know what size bolts do i need to secure the starter as these are also missing and I dont think will be included with a new starter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

mancity1 wrote: »
    Hi all in the process of trying to start an old mf 178 that has been idle for a few years. the starter is missing now I can get a starter but does anyone know what size bolts do i need to secure the starter as these are also missing and I dont think will be included with a new starter

I think they could be either UNC or UNF thread. If you measure the size id say you can order online from agriline or try a vintage massey parts dealer.
    No doubt someone will be along to tell you the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭emaherx

Is this the bolt?

533952.png
    Available here, but don't know the size
    https://www.farmingparts.com/massey-ferguson-bolt-38x3-unf-353554x1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

Yeah I would say that has me on the right track have no bolts here at all to go by so bit of a guessing game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Can you not get your ruler out and measure the hole?

I got bits off these crew before for 100 series, in Kerry, guy was very knowledgeable.

https://www.tractorparts.ie/

(066) 7137204

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If Emaherx has the correct part number google says that part number is 3/8 x 3”UNF

They should be available in most engineering supply shops

Just make sure they don’t foul the flywheel if by any chance they were too long

• Advertisement
Advertisement