Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New or second hand?

Options
  • 23-11-2020 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Right folks some help appreciated here, looking at buying a tractor.

If going new I might be able to get 0% finance on it over 5 years.

If I go second hand finance will be about 3% but the tractor itself will be about 35,000 cheaper than a new one.

I'm leaning towards new but any other suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭Grueller

Right folks some help appreciated here, looking at buying a tractor.

If going new I might be able to get 0% finance on it over 5 years.

If I go second hand finance will be about 3% but the tractor itself will be about 35,000 cheaper than a new one.

I'm leaning towards new but any other suggestions are welcome.

Go 7 years on the finance and go new. The payment with the subsidised interest will be little more than the second hand one over 5 years. Also the seven year period matches the depreciation on the books.
    I have been looking for a second hand one that Inlike for 2 years. The closest I came was a 6 year old tractor with 3500 hours. I could buy the equivalent new model for €23k more. That is roughly €6.50 per engine hour. I am thinking of going new too.
    What brand are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Grueller wrote: »
    Go 7 years on the finance and go new. The payment with the subsidised interest will be little more than the second hand one over 5 years. Also the seven year period matches the depreciation on the books.
    I have been looking for a second hand one that Inlike for 2 years. The closest I came was a 6 year old tractor with 3500 hours. I could buy the equivalent new model for €23k more. That is roughly €6.50 per engine hour. I am thinking of going new too.
    What brand are you looking at?

Thanks for that, the 0% finance is the really tempting bit going for the new tractor, also the second hand one is in England so would have to bring that in myself which would be risky.

A deutz 6185, lovely tractor, probably more power than I'll ever need, but a wagon could be got in the next few years

Advertisement