Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rex Ambassador

Options
  • 23-11-2020 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

Rex Ambassador is it worth the money??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Each to their own. It's a nice razor but, for me no. I'd rather buy a good classic Gillette fatboy for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I always found with an adjustable razor that I would find my preferred setting and just leave it there for the entire shave.

Good to dial in the exact setting you like but ends up being kept there after a bit.

So I'd say not worth it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Too Late !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hah! Well in that case they are the most awesome razors ever and will change your life!

Enjoy your new purchase and screw buyer's regret.

I've spent that much on vintage aristocrats and they aren't the best razors but I love them all the same. Make sure to report a review back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Razor arrived Tuesday, I had 3 days growth on Wednesday morning 6am I set it up ready to shave.

I loaded a feather blade loaded the face with bergamot and lavender from Stirling and started shaving carefully at number 3 on the right side of my face.
    The result was brilliant.
    Switched over to the left side at 4 and it wasnt long before I went back down to the 3
    The result was it was too close to be dangerous.

I did a further pass at 2 passes, and still had very little growth for two days.
    I have to admit I thought twice about buying this but glad now I did, its a wonderfully crafted razor the knurling on the handle is what i really love, the grip is totally non slip. The one fault i found the red marker dot is small so i needed the glasses.
    I dont plan on buying another razor, if its well looked after it will make a nice hand me down present for the grandson when he starts shaving.
    Have 3 or 4 to off load now as the press is untidy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement