Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limescale-water softening systems recommendations

Options
  • 23-11-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

We are currently experiencing high levels of limescale in the water in our house. Any recommendations on the water softener? Would you also recommend installing reverse osmosis system for drinking water with water softening system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats what I have, best money I ever spent.

We had very high levels too, to the extent that the kettle needed descaled every 3 weeks.
    The showers were permanently grubby too, and god knows what damage it was doing to the washing machine etc.

Got a good system from Celtic Water in Galway (no connecton), it did cost 1k, but as I say, best money I've spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    What's the maintenance costs for both systems? Is there any service required?

Thank you

NIMAN wrote: »
    Thats what I have, best money I ever spent.

We had very high levels too, to the extent that the kettle needed descaled every 3 weeks.
    The showers were permanently grubby too, and god knows what damage it was doing to the washing machine etc.

Got a good system from Celtic Water in Galway (no connecton), it did cost 1k, but as I say, best money I've spent.

Advertisement