Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Power washer suitable for cleaning cars?

Options
  • 22-11-2020 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a reasonably priced power washer that could be used for washing cars and other light work around a garden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

DJ98 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a reasonably priced power washer that could be used for washing cars and other light work around a garden

I use a karcher K3, but the K2 has adequate pressure to clean a car and other light duties around the house, the only advantage I see the K3 having is it's good for power washing concrete driveways where the K2 would be slightly underpowered for this, I think the K2 is priced at around €100 so great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I have been using Bosch power washers and still have one that's over 20yrs old and still going, bought another as used in another property and have had no issues with the new one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Old codger

Everything depends on what you mean by “reasonable”. I am retired from a business that sold and repaired pressure washers and there has never been a product that proves the old adage of , you get what you pay for. In the electric range I would favour Stihl, Kranzle and the more expensive Karchers. Anything costing less than around €300 will most likely not be with you after a year or so. A common cause of problems with all makes of pressure washer was frost damage caused by the machine being left in a shed with residual water in the pump during the winter months. The cheaper ones are not generally worth repairing and must be viewed like a Bic Razor,

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have a Nilfisk pressure washer for the last 10 years that I use for washing the car and the driveway/patio and it's still going strong. The only thing I had to replace on it was the hose which I bought on Amazon for less than €20. Paid €110 for the pressure washer at the time I think so it owes me nothing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I bought a Nilfisk 11 years ago for €100.

I replaced the hose (about €20) and it is still flying away.

It does the car, the gutters, the patio, the brickwork on the house etc.

Brilliant machine.

Advertisement