Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Impact Drill keyless chuck not working

Options
  • 22-11-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I purchased the Parkside Impact Drill PSBM 1100 A1 from Lidl in January, the first one. The keyless chuck stopped working on it after a couple fo days of light use, the manufacturers were good about it and I was sent a replacement within a week or 2. However that one has now also stopped working, the same thing, the keyless chuck keeps slipping and not turning so can't get my drill bit out. This one lasted longer than the first but it's very disappointing to have this same issue again. I was wondering if it's a common problem on this model, has anyone here come across this with this particular model?

I have a good few Parkside tools and have had little to no bother with them all over the years, this is a first for me. I expect no problems with the manufacturer but I am curious to find out if this is a common fault on this model.

Kind regards
    Clare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have had some that have done that, put the drill into gear 1, turn it at low speed and twist the other direction.

I think What you’re describing is that the Chuck turns the drill motor when you twist it, instead of the motor locking up and you being able to open the Chuck.

What size is the bit that's stuck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,081 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have something a bit similar with the same driver in that at intervals the bit becomes loose - in fact I find the only bit I can use is an 'adaptor' bit that you put in a small bit end, any of the other 'long bits' just don't seem to lock in place, though I cannot see any difference in the shank. I turn the chuck and it clicks into place, as far as I can estimate, but it eventually becomes loose in use.

Putting in drill bits is a problem too, but doesn't really matter as I use a drill rather than the driver.

Apart from this the tool is fine and gets a good bit of use.

I had assumed the problem with the driver was because my hands are now not that strong, I usually try and get a drill with a keyed chuck but these are getting harder to find, there don't seem to be any battery operated ones with a keyed chuck.

I have always had good experience of Parkside - they suit my budget given the amount of use they get, but I have had a few issues with recent purchases so maybe they have changed production methods. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A good few years ago keyless chucks used to be divided into 2 parts where you could grip the chuck at the back to hold it in place then turn the front part to open/close the chuck.

These new fangled ones lock up the gearbox as far as I know when not running - and that’s where the failure is. As far as I know.

We have 3 or 4 of these and the same thing happens them all. Once you know how to get around it you’re fine.

Advertisement