Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED 2 pin connector - 3 wires

Options
  • 22-11-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Its that time of year again & I am checking the Christmas lights.

On one 5M LED string (extendable) the connector at the front end has got destroyed, so I have cut it off & am trying to wire up directly.

It was a 2 pin connector, but coming out the back were 3 wires - one has all the LEDs on & the other two run to the far end two pin connector (into which you could plug an extension string of LEDs). There was no flashing pattern on this set - just a straight forward on or off.

So now I have two input wires (low voltage DC) to connect to the 3 wires on the string - any idea what combination to connect them?

I'm not worried about extending the string, I'll just use it as a single if I can get it working

thanks

Advertisement