Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now I Know How Much I Didn't Know

Options
  • 22-11-2020 5:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I was born in 1975, by 1985 I thought I knew it all, by 1995 I already knew it all, 2005 I definitely knew everything, 2015 I wish I knew then what I know now, 2020, I haven't a clue.................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

No human could ever know it all, what the he'll does that even mean! We all have a different perception of life, different opinions, different ways of doing life, just enjoy the ride

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I always feel more adult every year, I know how much I don't know but what I do know I really know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I wish I knew then what I didn't know when I thought I knew everything that I didn't, but now I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Allinall

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    No human could ever know it all, what the he'll does that even mean! We all have a different perception of life, different opinions, different ways of doing life, just enjoy the ride

The fellow that updates Wiki does.

But then again, who’s going to contradict him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Allinall wrote: »
    The fellow that updates Wiki does.

But then again, who’s going to contradict him?

great site, loads of sh1te on it to though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of the advantages of getting older is that you can tell for sure what you don't want or need to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I'm getting to the stage where I'm completely forgetting things which I used to be an expert on. It's like I'm coming full circle. I'm drifting slowly back to knowing nothing. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

It used to be that all my knowns and unknowns were known but now I'm not so sure if my knowns and unknowns are known or unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

My nerd hobby is quizzing.

To say that I don't know it all would be understatement of the century.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I'm quiet contend to know nothing at all, it keeps me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Thomas Young was the last person who knew everything. He died in 1829.
    There's just too much to know nowadays.

https://youtu.be/CY8zxIoQhh8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Neat

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Vita nova wrote: »
    It used to be that all my knowns and unknowns were known but now I'm not so sure if my knowns and unknowns are known or unknown.

I think it's over to former U.S. Secretary of State Donald Rumsfeld, to give it to you straight, so to speak:

''As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones''

Clear as mud.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

COVID wrote: »
    But there are also unknown unknowns'

Clear as mud.

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!..."

- Douglas Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

there is a saying that goes
    he who ''knows'' is a wise man and he who ''knows not'' is a fool . he who ''knows that he knows'' is also a fool but he who ''knows that he knows not'' is also a wise man

or something like that .

Advertisement