Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Tom & Jerry

• 21-11-2020 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭ jaxxx

I.. .. .. I don't know how I feel about this. I actually have no opinions. The movie pessimist in me says it'll probably be rubbish.. .. I just don't know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭ PsychoPete

I seen the trailer a few days ago but thought it was film that didn't need to be made. It doesn't look good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dades

I think it could be fun.

The original T&J doesn't need to be protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,086 ✭✭✭✭ Harry Palmr

I laughed a few times. This subjectively is needless but objectively necessary as they can't show the Fred Quimby era cartoons to modern children can they ;) so a progressive reboot is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭ Tom Mann Centuria

I love the early originals from the 40s and 50s, not keen on the later stuff but this looks okay. Tom and Jerry aren't talking which is a good start and the human cast looks excellent, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh and for those who would want to watch the originals again archive.org has them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭ Hangdogroad

I seem to remember a film from the late 80s or early 90s that featured them talking, very poorly received.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

The most charitable thing I can say, having watched the trailer, is that I'm not in the demographic most likely to enjoy this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭ bodhrandude

Just no. Its hard to top the originals, I give you Photo Finish, one of the best.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,650 ✭✭✭✭ whisky_galore

Anything is welcome as a distraction from the unremitting gloom of current events.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,488 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy

Just had a quick look. Was that Chloe Moretz?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭ B.A._Baracus

Watched it last night. Thought it wasnt great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭ kerplun k

Great film, but clearly a rip off of Bong Tom-hos Parasite.

Advertisement