Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misogyny on Boards

Options
  • 21-11-2020 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I had the misfortune of stumbling into the Late Late thread on the TV forum. Ryan Tubridy had earlier played a clip from 1990 with groups of men giving frankly reprehensible views on women.

Lo and behold 30 years later and the Boards TV forum seems to have become a home for some of these individuals, reading some of the responses to a Christmas song sung by women.

The place has become an absolute embarassment. It is desperately in need of fresh blood but that is not going to happen. Young people have no interest in the site and as the average age ticks upwards the views degenerate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Calm down love.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Well, in this case it's being seemingly threatened and offended at an attempt to get a group of young women to number one on Christmas day. Couple that with the inappropriate sexual comments about women in their early twenties by men presumably in their forties, fifties or older.

I don't think there was much love for the song that came after it either...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

I don't think there was much love for the song that came after it either...

There is no much love for anything in that thread. It is relentlessly cynical being as it is populated by cranks and weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I had the misfortune of stumbling into the Late Late thread on the TV forum. Ryan Tubridy had earlier played a clip from 1990 with groups of men giving frankly reprehensible views on women.

Lo and behold 30 years later and the Boards TV forum seems to have become a home for some of these individuals, reading some of the responses to a Christmas song sung by women.

The place has become an absolute embarassment. It is desperately in need of fresh blood but that is not going to happen. Young people have no interest in the site and as the average age ticks upwards the views degenerate.
    To be fair, Tubridy gets more sick than any woman ever would on The Late Late. Is that misandry or does that not suit the agenda here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Oh dear, oh dear.

People don't conform to my world view. Cry it out, Karen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

To be fair I think they were making light of the clip rather than endorsing those views

What does your name mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

There is no much love for anything in that thread. It is relentlessly cynical being as it is populated by cranks and weirdos.

I venture into that thread sometimes, it's basically a pisstake of the God awful LLS. Quite amusing sometimes.

Colin Farrell was on it a few weeks back via Zoom or whatever they use and a few posters commented on well he was looking. Twitter the same "dishy", "sexy", "hunk".

Where's was the outcry? There was none, because he was a man.

Get over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

What does your name mean?

It’s a totally authentic female name. The OP is definitely not a man.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Not really a thread for AH, OP.

Might I suggest the Feedback Forum once you meet the minimum requirements to post there.

Thread Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement