Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Quad

Options
  • 20-11-2020 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I am looking at upgrading my Suzuki Kingquad 300. I've had it since 2001 so we are looking for something with a little more grunt. We dont use it for any major heavy work but it is used for fencing and for traveling around the farm.

I am looking at a honda fourtrax 420FM2 or a honda 520FM2. The 520 has a nice tidy storage box in the front as part of the quad but there is a price difference. There is a honda agent near us hence why the hondas.

Looking for anyones experience of them.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I see a neighbour of mine has a Can Am , told me one day it's more comfortable than his previous honda but whether reliability will match, remains to be seen

I worked on a big dairy farm when on a working holiday year's ago, thousand acre farm with six staff , we had honda, yamaha, suzuki and kawasaki, kawasaki gave trouble, rest were all on a par

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Thanks Mad_maxx for your reply. I looked at Can am machine as well. Look a fine machine also but the Honda man is nearer to us.
    Not sure what we will do yet as we have a weed licker that we pull behind the quad so the extra bit of power would be good. Especially on the hills.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

happylad wrote: »
    Thanks Mad_maxx for your reply. I looked at Can am machine as well. Look a fine machine also but the Honda man is nearer to us.
    Not sure what we will do yet as we have a weed licker that we pull behind the quad so the extra bit of power would be good. Especially on the hills.
    Thanks again
    There's a thread on thus within the last month. From what I recall, and this rallies with my own experience, the foreman 500 is a far superior machine and is capable of most anything you'd throw at it.
    I've read on farmers forum that the Can Am 's are really well built and reliable machines too but I know no more.
    One possible cost saving is to go for a manual rather than electronic gear shift. I always prefer it, it's lower maintenance, and frees up a hand whilst driving , to hold a new calf, a geared reel, pull or stick pigtails etc.
    CVT models such as suzuki or yamaha don't have gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happylad

Thanks Castlekeeper for response. I must have a look for the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

happylad wrote: »
    Thanks again

neighbour told me there is only one Can Am dealer in the country ? ( kilkenny ) and that they are made by bombardier who make the airplane bodies in Belfast ?

nice bike , resale value probably poor compared to honda or yamaha ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement