Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Zoom meetings on tv?

  • 20-11-2020 6:50pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭


    Hi all,
    First off apologies if this is the wrong thread, mods feel free to move.
    I have just bought a usb webcam that i(foolishly) thought I’d be able to plug into my minix neo-u9-h android box to hold zoom calls on my tv that (Sony Bravia KDL-49WE753).
    I have downloaded usb camera app and the camera works fine in that.
    It won’t work in zoom or Skype though.
    The camera does work in my laptop, but my laptop has no hdmi out to connect to the tv.
    Would a chrome cast solve this?
    Many thanks for any help.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭greasepalm


    Yes should work but might have to use google chrome for casting


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭tom1ie


    greasepalm wrote: »
    Yes should work but might have to use google chrome for casting

    Ok so I can’t download google chrome straight to the tv as it has its own browser and I can’t download anything onto the Sony.
    So I would have to have google chrome opened on the minix box to chrome cast from laptop to minix box which is connected to tv via hdmi yeah?
    Is the chrome cast a usb?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭greasepalm


    Chromecast i have is hdmi which plugged into tv or amp when i used it last and chrome on windows 7 laptop


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭tom1ie


    greasepalm wrote: »
    Chromecast i have is hdmi which plugged into tv or amp when i used it last and chrome on windows 7 laptop

    Grand so I could plug chrome cast into tv and stream zoom call from laptop to tv wirelessly.
    That correct?
    Is the audio and video quality any good this way?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭greasepalm


    I have only cast a movie or video to tv but with audio possibly need a microphone or can you lip read?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭tom1ie


    greasepalm wrote: »
    I have only cast a movie or video to tv but with audio possibly need a microphone or can you lip read?

    Ok so I’ve found out the Lenovo think pad I have had a mini display port out so I purchased a mini display port to hdmi adapter.
    I am now able to put zoom on the laptop and plug the tv into that so the zoom call is on the tv plus I have the webcam (that has a microphone built in) connected via the usb of the laptop.
    In zoom I just select the webcam instead of the integrated cam.
    One more question:
    I have the hdmi lead that is connected to the laptop in the hdmi port no2 of the tv.
    I have the minix box which is streaming tv connected to port no 1 of the tv.
    Is there a way of having a zoom call (that is displayed on the tv) while watching a sporting event on a split screen setup or something like that?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭greasepalm


    I would say not as trying to view 2 different hdmi sources.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,752 ✭✭✭tom1ie


    greasepalm wrote: »
    I would say not as trying to view 2 different hdmi sources.

    Anyway of combining the two through a splitter or anything mad like that?
    Just to clarify, I don’t seem to be able to launch zoom meetings from the minix box for some reason that’s why I have to get the laptop involved.
    If I could do both from the minix that would only be one input and I’d say there’s a way of splitting the screen then maybe?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭greasepalm


    A splitter converts 1 signal to 2 monitors and you get same picture on each,no idea if PiP can be used for 2 hdmi feeds but usually its 1 on a cable/sat box.


  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭decor58


    tom1ie wrote: »
    Ok so I’ve found out the Lenovo think pad I have had a mini display port out so I purchased a mini display port to hdmi adapter.
    I am now able to put zoom on the laptop and plug the tv into that so the zoom call is on the tv plus I have the webcam (that has a microphone built in) connected via the usb of the laptop.
    In zoom I just select the webcam instead of the integrated cam.
    One more question:
    I have the hdmi lead that is connected to the laptop in the hdmi port no2 of the tv.
    I have the minix box which is streaming tv connected to port no 1 of the tv.
    Is there a way of having a zoom call (that is displayed on the tv) while watching a sporting event on a split screen setup or something like that?

    I had a Sony TV up to recently that had Pictute in picture which allowed 2 sources on screen at the same time, only 1 audio, a handy function but not used to often. Sounds like what you are looking for but I haven't seen it on equipment of late.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement