Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DTL T80 No flavour on new tank and coil

Options
  • 20-11-2020 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I had quit smoking 2 months ago using the Istick Basic and mostly BMG and Nasty juices. After a few weeks, I could not get much flavour, and tried ( using a MTL mod ) Direct to Lung vaping. I instantly preferred DTL.

I then went out and got an Istick T80 DTL, bought a pesso Tank, new coils, and some 0mg juices and Nic shots.IVG Red, and Trap queen to name a few. The T80 is 80 Watts, has temp control, and I thought it would be perfect for starting DTL vaping.

The problem is, even with a brand new 0.3 ohm Coil, new Pesso Tank, and brand new juice, I am getting little or no flavour, tasting cotton/burned cotton, and can't get a "kick" from DTL even when 2 x Nic shots added to 50ML juice.

As a result, today I buckled had a cigarette for the first time in 2 months!

I lost my job in January, and since then was diagnosed with an illness that stops me working for a year to 15 months, so I cannot afford to be buying juices and vape stuff to keep taste testing. A pack of tobacco plus filters and papers etc would last me a week for less than 20 euro, and this week alone I have spent 50 euro trying different juices.

Point of saying that, is that if someone says try this mod etc, I can't, even a pod device is 30 euro, and I can't afford to waste 30 Euro "Trying it out"

If someone could tell me what I am doing wrong, or confirm its the mod etc, I would be very grateful.

-Zippo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Very hard to say what you are doing wrong or even if you are doing anything wrong .Really the shop where you bought you vaping juice from should be able to help you ...... as long as they are looking to help you quit and not just looking for your money .

One suggestion would be to try a straight menthol flavour, it's good for clearing 'vapers tongue' which can kill the flavour of your juice . Also make sure you are drinking enough water as vaping can dehydrate .

I have no knowledge of the Presso tank or the coils it uses so I can't comment on it . The Falcon Tank used to be a good one to recommend as the coils were good quality but I'm not up to speed on how they are now .

Also remember, there is no law stating that you can't vape and smoke at the same time, I did both for a good 3 to 4 weeks before finally making the switch and that was 2013 and I haven't smoked since .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

Zippocrit wrote: »

I then went out and got an Istick T80 DTL, bought a pesso Tank, new coils, and some 0mg juices and Nic shots.IVG Red, and Trap queen to name a few.

The problem is, even with a brand new 0.3 ohm Coil, new Pesso Tank, and brand new juice, I am getting little or no flavour, tasting cotton/burned cotton, and can't get a "kick" from DTL even when 2 x Nic shots added to 50ML juice.

-Zippo

2 * 10 ml nic shots added 50ml (or 40ml if decanting) would dilute any possible flavor.
    Try 1 which would give you 3mg juice and vape more often.

Are you priming your coils first before using them. By letting sit in the tank (of juice) for at least 10mins before firing them. Double check the watts for the coil on 0.3 probably approx 30 to 40 watts.

Edit: -
    Eleaf EF for Pesso 0.3ohm and 0.6ohm meshed

EF 0.3ohm Coil
    Resistance: 0.3Ω
    Coil material: Kanthal
    Wattage range: 30-60W
    Weight: 7g

EF-M 0.6ohm Coil - Mesh inside
    The mesh structure inside the EF-M 0.6ohm Coil maximizes the surface area between the coil and the e-liquid, allowing a more intense flavor.

Resistance: 0.6Ω
    Coil material: SS316L
    Wattage range: 18-35W
    Weight: 7g

Not familiar with the coils for this so this may help?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement