Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change our heating system to oil or gas

Options
  • 20-11-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭

I have a back boiler and a coal fire which heats the radiators .I also have an electric pump which circulates the hot water.As myself and my wife are pushing on a bit and are getting a bit fed up of cleaning the the fire every morning and all the bringing in coal and briquets and blocks for the fire every evening.We are in a position now to change our heating system to oil or gas.What I would like to know is,could an oil or gas system be connected to our existing system or would there have to be much digging done?The pipes are under concrete downstairs.Any info would help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Your heating/radiator pipes are likely to be ok if you haven't been having problems with the heating. Should be possible to connect up in the hot press. If you are keeping your back boiler, it will involve a bit more work.

Do you have natural gas at the gate? If not I'd advise oil.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭bmc58

Wearb wrote: »
    Your heating/radiator pipes are likely to be ok if you haven't been having problems with the heating. Should be possible to connect up in the hot press. If you are keeping your back boiler, it will involve a bit more work.

Do you have natural gas at the gate? If not I'd advise oil.

There's a gas pipe in the back yard which we got disconnected 30 years ago,(herself being a country girl was afraid of gas in the house).

Advertisement