Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90z shower water cutting out.

Options
  • 20-11-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi

We have a Triton t90z, about 2 years old which was working fine but now sometimes the water cuts out mid shower. Water is heating fine, and I cleaned and checked the hose and shower head, and they are not blocked or twisted. The shower is tank fed.

Prior to this problem there was a problem with the main water supply to the main tank. There was a stone blocking in water coming into the tank (stuck in the ballcock valve). So, when the kids were having showers the water cut out, (not just in the shower but everywhere. However, that problem was solved, and the tank is filling normally now. Also, when the water cuts out in the shower there is still water in the sink taps etc.

I tested the solenoid resistance with a multi meter, and the reading was 86.5 (the meter was set to the 200-ohm setting. I am assuming that means the solenoid is ok.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

IdHidden wrote:
    Any ideas?

You could be running out of water but much more likely a faulty solenoid. There is no point testing a cold functional solenoid. The only time to test it is when you have no water. This gives you a chance of testing it in the failed position

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is there an airlock in feed from tank to shower .? Does the shower have it's own dedicated feed from the tank. If there is it may have a few airlocks in it. Letting the water flow with the filter removed for a few minutes should spit out the air locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭IdHidden

I don't think it is an airlock because it has run for 7 or 8 minutes before cutting out and that has happened about 6 times when I run it.

Advertisement