Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Replacement and NRGZone cost

Options
  • 19-11-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Have been having some issues with my heating lately. Firstly the expansion tank in the attic has been pitching, which I now know should be have been addressed before and not put on the long finger. I now have a situation where the oil boiler is leaking water and so needs replacing (thankfully still working so not quite emergency yet).
    A plumber had a look at it and recommended a new boiler, and adding an NRG Zone system to address the pitching (heating is oil plus back boiler on stove). The recommendations all made sense to me, but the cost seems high - €3100 for new boiler and €3800 for the NRG Zone system. Do these costs seem reasonable? Any experience of the NRG Zone system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

tipperary wrote: »
    Have been having some issues with my heating lately. Firstly the expansion tank in the attic has been pitching, which I now know should be have been addressed before and not put on the long finger. I now have a situation where the oil boiler is leaking water and so needs replacing (thankfully still working so not quite emergency yet).
    A plumber had a look at it and recommended a new boiler, and adding an NRG Zone system to address the pitching (heating is oil plus back boiler on stove). The recommendations all made sense to me, but the cost seems high - €3100 for new boiler and €3800 for the NRG Zone system. Do these costs seem reasonable? Any experience of the NRG Zone system?

I'm getting a firebird c26 and 200L stainless steel tank in this week. Cost about 2200 for them both.

What boiler are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

Its Grant Vortex 26-36 (external).
    Starting to wonder if its the gold plated version!

Advertisement