Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45 and P60 - mistake

Options
  • 19-11-2020 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have P45 ( 2016) and P60 (2014) with mistakes in "Total number of weeks insurable employment". I worked 20 weeks more than is written on documents. Unfortunately I did not see these mistakes, when I got documents from employer. Now employer will not change it.
    Altogether I miss 40 weeks of work, it is to much to lose.
    Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? How to "add" these weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭shawki

Nika02 wrote: »
    I have P45 ( 2016) and P60 (2014) with mistakes in "Total number of weeks insurable employment". I worked 20 weeks more than is written on documents. Unfortunately I did not see these mistakes, when I got documents from employer. Now employer will not change it.
    Altogether I miss 40 weeks of work, it is to much to lose.
    Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? How to "add" these weeks?

Did you earn less than €352 some weeks? Then you would not have made PRSI contributions in those weeks.

The term ‘insurable employment’ is used to describe employment that is liable for PRSI contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nika02

Yes. 14 weeks were less than € 352. I worked 23 weeks, and on P60 were only 3 weeks, not 9.
    When I worked in other company, all worked weeks were in " Total number of weeks insurable employment" no matter how much I earned. So the rules are not the same for all companies?
    And I wonder - how will be counted working time in that year?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

shawki wrote: »
    Did you earn less than €352 some weeks? Then you would not have made PRSI contributions in those weeks.

The term ‘insurable employment’ is used to describe employment that is liable for PRSI contributions.

They're still insurable weeks, even if he didn't pay PRSI. He would have had a different PRSI class (e.g. A0) but it's still an insurable week and should be included on a P45 or P60.

OP you should contact DEASP for advice about this. They will probably request a letter from your employer stating that you did actually work those weeks, and then they can adjust your records.

I will contact DEASP.
    In meantime I contacted the employer, and he answered that P45/P60 can only include the social welfare reported for that particular employment.
    What does it mean? - He reported part of worked weeks - Why?

How many weeks in that year did you work for that employer? Is the P60 and P45 for the same employer and same year? That would be strange as you wouldn’t be getting a P60 if you’d left the employment in the year.

• Advertisement

2014 - worked 20 weeks in first company, 3 weeks in second company. Both companies have the same owner. I got P60 for 3 weeks worked in the end of the year in second company. P60 has the figures for work in two companies, excluding weeks of insurable employment.
    2016 - similar story, 2 companies, same owner, got only P45 for 26 weeks in second company. 20 weeks worked in first not included on P45

Contributions for these years are paid correctly, only mistakes in insurable weeks.

Nika02 wrote: »
    2014 - worked 20 weeks in first company, 3 weeks in second company. Both companies have the same owner. I got P60 for 3 weeks worked in the end of the year in second company. P60 has the figures for work in two companies, excluding weeks of insurable employment.
    2016 - similar story, 2 companies, same owner, got only P45 for 26 weeks in second company. 20 weeks worked in first not included on P45

Contributions for these years are paid correctly, only mistakes in insurable weeks.

Your P45 and P60 only show insurable weeks for your current employment (although they show pay/tax/USC details for previous employments). So your documents should show something like this:

2014 - P45 20 insurable weeks
    2014 - P60 3 insurable weeks
    2014 total 23 insurable weeks

2016 - P45(1) 20 insurable weeks
    2016 - P45(2) 26 insurable weeks
    2016 total 46 insurable weeks

The combination of your P45s/P60s within a year will reflect your total insurable weeks for that year.

Advertisement