Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with my situation at work

Options
  • 19-11-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in my current role almost 13 years and I am very unhappy at the moment. I have a high absenteeism record this year . I had a long stint in hospital earlier this year and a recent stint out due to stress. I feel like I am being punished for being out sick . I have overtime from September and October of this year that still hasn't been approved . I am also finding it difficult to get holidays approved. I have sent my TL many emails on both issues and I just get ignored . I also have made suggestions in the work whatsapp group which go unanswered . I cant help the feeling that my card is marked. That they want me to leave and treating me this way will eventually lead to that. I didn't get paid for my last 2 sick leaves which I can accept. What I cant accept is being sidelined and blatantly ignored like this. I deserve to be treated professionally and with the respect everyone deserves. I would appreciate some advice on what to do . I'm finding it difficult to confront my TL or Manager in person because they work offsite a lot . I don't find either particularly approachable either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Aine1981

Sorry to read this. If you are not happy with responses or lack of responses from your Manager or Team Leader do you have a HR department you could approach?

..........I have sent my TL many emails on both issues and I just get ignored ...........

Ring him, email is less then great for lots of stuff IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Have to say the team I'm on and dept at work are woeful with email. The majority do not respond to email and you have to ring to get a timely response. In the office you'd have to stand over them. Part of it is no one want to commit anything to email, which is a permanent record of communication.

The other thing is if you're out a lot and not in the main stream of projects, you just fall off people's radar. Sometimes they don't realise they are doing it. Sometimes they just don't care.

So you have to raise your profile, if you don't want to not be overlooked. If your interested in staying. Alternatively You might need to move sideways to a different team with different managers to shake it up a bit.

Advertisement