Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing or breaking electronics.

Options
  • 19-11-2020 5:41pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I lost an Olympus Tough4 waterproof camera in a river over the summer and I just put a Galaxy S7 through the wash last week. :rolleyes:

What electronics have you lost or broken recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I am missing a personal locator beacon. Ironically named 'FastFind'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Not recently, but I got a Samsung Galaxy 2 on a 2 year contract (+ insurance) and left it in the back of a taxi 3 months later.
    Tried calling, but someone turned it off.

I reported it stolen, but the Garda didn't create a PULSE number, so I couldn't claim the insurance.

Never bought an expensive phone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

iamstop wrote: »
    I lost an Olympus Tough4 waterproof camera in a river over the summer and I just put a Galaxy S7 through the wash last week. :rolleyes:

What electronics have you lost or broken recently?

Oh dear

try this...

three-mobiles-clothes-line-3531789.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I did the old 'drop and kick' one too many times and now need a new smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I've gone through more ps4 controllers than I care to remember. Beer and being shlt at FIFA usually has me throwing stuff at walls. Oh and once I missed the wall and destroyed a Sony Smart TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Been through at least four sets of headphones this year. None were expensive, but it's ****en annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Not recent, but I once flipped open my Motorola flip phone - all cool like - and flipped it straight into the Liffey.

I haven’t done that in a while, but still don’t have a great track record with phones..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I'm an alcoholic, now in recovery, and there was this one type I puked on my laptop keyboard. They were able to repair it. F***, that was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Putting up a brand new 42" LCD tv on my daughters bedroom wall....

Thumb in wrong place....screen gone. :(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

AllForIt wrote: »
    Oh dear
    try this...

I put in over the vent for a day. Still nothing. Will see if the SD card is still working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Keep having USB keys that I've left in my pockets go through the washing machine and the thing is they still work :eek:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Put a brand new set of Bose headphones that were in a hoody pocket in the washing machine once.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Put a brand new set of Bose headphones that were in a hoody pocket in the washing machine once.

I must have lost or broke about 10 pairs of headphones over the years, between leaving them places, getting caught in the car door as happened a couple of times and putting a pair of Sennheisers through the wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Before we go any further, can we pause to congratulate the OP for correctly spelling "losing" instead of using "loosing". That horrid mistake is far too common these days.

Well done again.

Blondini wrote: »
    Before we go any further, can we pause to congratulate the OP for correctly spelling "losing" instead of using "loosing". That horrid mistake is far too common these days.

Well done again.

Yes.. well done op..

Advertisement