Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condensation on painted floor

Options
  • 19-11-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭

Hows it going?

I want to paint a concrete floor in a shed but I got talking to someone I know who did the same thing and he warned me that after painting it can get damp with condensation. I work in a factory with painted floors and they never get damp. Has anyone here painted a floor and can you tell me if this is a constant occurrence? Is there something I can do to the floor before painting to eliminate the possibility of it happening?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dunno about condesation but there's also the risk of damp coming through from below the slab. Is there a DPM under the slab?

There do exist vapour-permeable floor paints e.g. Remmers (Google it). I have a concrete basement which is a bit damp and was considering using it but haven't got as far as doing any proper research.

Advertisement