Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

5k and beyond

Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭ Kevhog1988

Hi All,

Im a bit of a lurker on here as never considered myself a runner but have completed the couch to 5k app in recent months and am now 18 days deep in a 5k everyday for movember challenge. I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone migth be able to help me with:

5k times: im hovering around 31/32 mins at the moment. Is there anything i can do to get faster?. Any links to explanations on workouts for speed etc would be greatly appreciatted. im 15 stone 7 so dropping more weight would probably help?

Longer Distance: To get from 5k to say 10k should i tag on an extra km once a week or whats the best method?.

Supplements: should i be taking anything to help with recovery?. My diet is pretty good at the moment but i find myself snacking in the evening. With trying to run every day for 30 days should i be trying to up protein or anything to help?

Comments

Advertisement