If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Classic car import

  • 17-11-2020 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ Greentree_uk

    Hi, can someone tell me what I need to get from seller, bought a classic car in NI. what does the seller fill out on the V5C and what do I get?

    I can't find clarity anywhere.

    Thanks in advance!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ Greentree_uk

  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

    well found, make sure you get hold of the V5C or you're stuffed. The seller can send off the export bit if he wants, makes no difference.

  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ countyhouse

    Yes, you must get the V5. If from Northern Ireland and you buy privately, you should get receipt from seller stating Reg no, date they paid you and price. Car must be registered within 30 days of entry in the State. Appointment must be made with the NCTS within 7 day of entry. If you buy from a dealer, you will need paid invoice from them with the same details. Make sure chassis/vin on car matches the Reg doc as inspector will check both