Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

check car history

• 17-11-2020 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have idea start new business, but I need your advice. How I can get in my website search engine by entering vehicle registration number and come up with all information about the vehicle. I not need all history, just basic info (car, model mark year)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 erna

I have idea start new business, but I need your advice. How I can get in my website search engine by entering vehicle registration number and come up with all information about the vehicle. I not need all history, just basic info (car, model mark year)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Easy. You go back in time and have the idea the Cartell guys had, but before they do. Then you hire a developer to do the coding. You’re going to need one that thinks you have value to add though, or he/she will just nick the idea and run ahead with it themselves.

Also. NCT site already supplies all that info if you pop in the car reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭con747

erna wrote: »

If you just want to find out the make, model and when last sold enter a registration here https://www.cornmarket.ie/car-insurance-quotes/your-car/.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,393 ✭✭✭✭kippy

As already mentioned there is a lot of this out there already and lots of sites particularly car parts ones will give you this basic info. As will Cartell but maybe there's a USP you aren't mentioning ..

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

To be fair to the OP, I don’t think he’s proposing that his whole business model for this site, this is just a functionality he’d like to have to supplement something else? I assume there is a database out there given the insurance providers have access to this functionality, but it also is likely to be protected data and is not simply available to every Tom dick and Harry who is setting up a website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I assume there is a database out there given the insurance providers have access to this functionality, but it also is likely to be protected data and is not simply available to every Tom dick and Harry who is setting up a website
    If it's available to Mick and his garage, it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You can obviously get all the info you want. Just not for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

wrote: »
    To be fair to the OP, I don’t think he’s proposing that his whole business model for this site, this is just a functionality he’d like to have to supplement something else? I assume there is a database out there given the insurance providers have access to this functionality, but it also is likely to be protected data and is not simply available to every Tom dick and Harry who is setting up a website

Data Protection should be in first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Data Protection should be in first place.

A car is not a natural person.

• Advertisement

con747 wrote: »
    If you just want to find out the make, model and when last sold enter a registration here .

I need only BASIC Information. Not anything else
    year , Model , mark , engine and petrol or diesel or gas

Advertisement