Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photography and band cost

• 17-11-2020 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭

fiancee has expensive tastes but we have decided to invite no more than fifty but spend on the day itself

photography is looking circa 2k

band ( which also covers DJ ) 2500 , they look incredible i have to say and ive been to too many weddings where the band look like they hate what they do

are those prices crazy , tried to get a photographer from northern ireland but the ones who grabbed us were booked , wedding is sixteen months away

could anyone recommend both a quality wedding photographer and a band ? , we live in galway but the wedding is in the north east so we are open to both being from northern ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Those prices are about what we paid 6 years ago. Would spend it again in a heartbeat!

Our photographer no longer does wedding photography. Our band was The Best Men. We booked them for reception music (Kooky Ukes), main band and DJ. They were absolutely great to deal with and had the place hopping for the whole night. They catered for all age groups too so the 90 year olds and the 19 year olds were all dancing. We got married in Meath so they would cover your area I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

The prices might come as a shock, but they sound about average (for ROI anyway, I don't know about NI).

You can of course get photographers and bands who are cheaper, but you get what you pay for :/

If you want a decent photographer, but don't want to pay that kind of money, consider having them for a few hours only instead of the full day. Better to have a selection of decent shots from part of the day than mediocre shots of the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭CivilCybil

We're paying 1500 for photographer and 2000 for band and DJ.

That's the cheapest we could get without going complete amateur (that I had seen)
    We figured the things people remember are the food and music.
    And the only things we'll have to remember the day are the photos so we didn't want to scrimp too much.
    We'll cut back in other areas if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

settled on a band today for 2250 , happy with it

still looking for a photographer as the one we wanted is not available

We haven't had our wedding yet, but we've booked Livia Figueiredo as our photographer. She has been a dream to interact with so far by phone and email - very friendly, professional, quick to respond etc. Very understanding and accommodating when we needed to postpone our original date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

We had Phil from Give us a Goo photography. Absolutely love our photos and he is such a nice guy!:)

woodchuck wrote: »
    We haven't had our wedding yet, but we've booked Livia Figueiredo as our photographer. She has been a dream to interact with so far by phone and email - very friendly, professional, quick to respond etc. Very understanding and accommodating when we needed to postpone our original date.

She's very expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    fiancee has expensive tastes but we have decided to invite no more than fifty but spend on the day itself

It looks to me that you're a cheapskate as opposed to your fiancée having expensive tastes.

She's very expensive

You get what you pay for. Good photos are important to us. Her full day package is about average for good photographers. Pretty sure she does smaller packages for shorter hours too, if you want to save money, but don't want to compromise on quality.

You have to consider what's important to you though and what's worth spending money on. Personally I've no interest in things like candy carts, photobooths, sparkly dancefloors, giant lightup letters etc. And we decided to get a good DJ instead of a band. The photos are important to us though and worth spending money on.

You get what you pay for. Good photos are important to us. Her full day package is about average for good photographers. Pretty sure she does smaller packages for shorter hours too, if you want to save money, but don't want to compromise on quality.

You have to consider what's important to you though and what's worth spending money on. Personally I've no interest in things like candy carts, photobooths, sparkly dancefloors, giant lightup letters etc. And we decided to get a good DJ instead of a band. The photos are important to us though and worth spending money on.

She's certainly not average priced whatever about how amazing she is ?

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    It looks to me that you're a cheapskate as opposed to your fiancée having expensive tastes.

Will take under advisement

She's certainly not average priced whatever about how amazing she is ?

You'd be surprised:
    https://www.onefabday.com/ie/how-much-does-a-wedding-cost-in-ireland/

And like I said, average for a GOOD photographer. Her quotes were in line with other good photographers we also made inquiries with.

You asked for recommendations for a quality photographer. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

could anyone recommend both a quality wedding photographer and a band ?

Take a scroll through the Irish Professional Photographers website.
    That's where you'll find the best of the best.

https://www.irishphotographers.com/photographers.php?cat=wedding

You'd be surprised:
    https://www.onefabday.com/ie/how-much-does-a-wedding-cost-in-ireland/

And like I said, average for a GOOD photographer. Her quotes were in line with other good photographers we also made inquiries with.

You asked for recommendations for a quality photographer. If you want quality, you have to pay for it.

thats a general philosophy , we,ve looked at a good few , her prices are the upper end , plenty for less with a good rep , most unavailable unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Those prices aren't far off what we paid 9 years ago.
    We cheaped out on our wedding video and I regret this big time, even more now some people aren't with us any more. If I had my time over I'd have booked a better videographer.
    My cousin had the same wedding photographer as we had, but her prices have doubled and the package isn't as good we just happened to get her when she was still building her business and was eager to get more experience.
    That said I know someone who paid a huge amount for photos and wasn't very happy with them, and this was a recommended photographer with a super word of mouth reputation.

Advertisement