Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brake calliper paint

Options
  • 16-11-2020 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So I have painted my callipers yellow about a month or two ago, I sanded them down , used brake cleaner and used a wire brush before wiping it down and then spray painting them. My question is, there is now black dirt on them in some places that doesn’t seem to come off with a power washer and doesn’t look too attractive anymore. Is there something I could use to get rid of it or only re spraying them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like brake dust from the pads. Is it mainly on the fronts?
    There are various spray for that to use before washing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Did you give the caliper a coat of laquer after painting? Much easier to clean when the paint is sealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BartoszM8

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Did you give the caliper a coat of laquer after painting? Much easier to clean when the paint is sealed.

Thanks for your answer , no I didn’t :/ I’ll know for next time !

biko wrote: »
    Sounds like brake dust from the pads. Is it mainly on the fronts?
    There are various spray for that to use before washing.

Yeah it’s mainly on the front but the back has a good bit too

cpoh1 wrote: »

Can you recommend any sprays if you’ve used any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭User1998

Get some in a motor factors, do not use Halfords clear coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Iron x might take it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

BartoszM8 wrote: »
    Can you recommend any sprays if you’ve used any?

Any high temp clear laquer will do, ebay, amazon or any motor factor will have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like a job for Detailing forum.

Advertisement