Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable Programmable Timer

Options
  • 16-11-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

Just wanted some advice on a suitable 7 day programmable timer for Heating and Hot Water.
    Current set up is 2 APT Timers which independently control 2 Heating Zones (Upstairs and Downstairs). The immersion is controlled simply by on/off switch on the wall.

The issue is I cant set different heating times for Weekdays versus weekend. And in the summer when I use the immersion to heat water say for an hour I keep forgetting to turn off.

So I would like a timer that I can set heating, immersion etc to come on and off at various times.

The boiler is oil fired and its a gravity feed system.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭monseiur

You can get a simple 'run back' timer for immersion. You have to set it manually for say half hour, one hour or two hours and it will switch off automatically - at least you won't have to worry about leaving it on.
    Something like the Horstmann Channelplus H27XL2 should do the central heating, it's a 7 day programmable unit

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

If its just timers without temperature controll, there would be lots of options out there. Most digital timers would give you more extensive time slots.

Nowadays most are looking for WiFi controll via apps.
    For that there are also lots of options such as nest and hive etc.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement