Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Idol dies, who is it

Options
  • 16-11-2020 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is Madonna.I have loved her for so long.

Im really not looking forward to that day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Madonna, not my top idol but she’s definitely up there in terms of my admiration for her early stuff.

I had to think really hard as any of the idols I had in my early years are all gone already - Freddie Mercury, Prince...

Bruce Springsteen actually, when he goes, that’s gonna be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Vince McMahon or my Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Already dead.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Already dead.

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why ask about people dying? :confused:

Why not just ask everyone who they idolise?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

dubstarr wrote: »
    Who?

NO CLUES!

Not really. It was British politician Tony Benn. Very rock and Roll I know :)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sean Connery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

i have no idols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Carl Sagan, but he died nearly 24 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, if it's not someone I don't personally know, i'd be like "Aw, that's a shame" if I like them, and move on as if nothing happened.

I suppose if Sony stopped making PlayStations I'd be more upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i have no idols.

only false idols

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I don't want to live in a world without Clint Eastwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,233 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

When I was around 9 or 10 when I played in goal I idolised Ray Clemence who died today. I thought he was fantastic and used to love to watch him play.

RIP Ray

Two for one.

Screenshot_57.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

He is still going.

So whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going today.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Billy Idol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Idol might have been a bit strong but Joe Strummer was somebody who I’d thought a lot of. A big fan of him as a musician, songwriter and bloke... obviously more known for his work with the Clash but as in his later career his band the Mescaleros were absolutely sublime, on record and on stage.... the newer Mescaleros stuff stood perfectly next to the the odd Clash classic in the set... he’d have old punks, skater kids, indie heads, Rasta dudes and everyone in between from 18-55 just pogoing away, wanting the newer stuff over the Clash tunes..... me and a friend ventured over to see him in Liverpool academy in 2002, turned out to be his final show.. he died a month later..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nate Hilts

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Tried to murder suicide the ****er but the knife just shattered the mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Strumms wrote: »
    Idol might have been a bit strong but Joe Strummer was somebody who I’d thought a lot of. A big fan of him as a musician, songwriter and bloke... obviously more known for his work with the Clash but as in his later career his band the Mescaleros were absolutely sublime, on record and on stage.... the newer Mescaleros stuff stood perfectly next to the the odd Clash classic in the set... he’d have old punks, skater kids, indie heads, Rasta dudes and everyone in between from 18-55 just pogoing away, wanting the newer stuff over the Clash tunes..... me and a friend ventured over to see him in Liverpool academy in 2002, turned out to be his final show.. he died a month later..

Didn't he sing cor the Pogues or when it was the Popes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

My namesake

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Tuomas Holopainen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

YFlyer wrote: »
    Didn't he sing cor the Pogues or when it was the Popes?

He produced ‘Hells Ditch’ and from memory I think he went on one tour with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen. Two cool and classy guys. I wish they could live forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Prince - as to the lyrics 'Those kind of cars don't pass you everyday'

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would have said Terry Pratchett, but alas - too late now.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

David Attenborough - that will be a sad sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Strumms wrote: »

i was always under the impression that Strummer was to support Pearl Jam (they are big fans) in Dublin in 2006 - As we got Paddy Casey instead !?!

To be honest , i never ever checked when Joe died, so if it was in 2002 , it was hardly him !!!
    So there goes that story !! :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

David Attenborough - that will be a sad sad day.

This x1000

Advertisement