Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reciva shutting down

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭vinnielo

RadioFeeds UK & Ireland will be bringing the first radio directory to Reciva radios since they shut down their servers.

You will need to have applied the Sharpfin patch first.

Let me know if you'd like to test.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I can finally announce the patch!

Get your Reciva radios working with Irish radio stations again with http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/sharpfin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Curious!

I've tried this today, but getting when I get to inputting my gateway, and selecting the test patch, as per the PDF.

Any clues? (Tried running as admin, 32-bit, turned off firewalls etc.)

Two things.. do you have Cygwin installed? Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?

• Advertisement

Yes, and yes, 64-bit windoze. :)

Alas, no, that's a backward step.

Not even getting to the "select the gateway"

Cygwin is installed at C:\cygwin

EDIT: and I've moved the .dll into the root cygwin folder.

Hmm... can you copy the cygwin1.dll file at cygwin/bin and paste it into the same directory as the patchserver?

Yep, tried that. Took all files into the root of the cygwin folder too.

It seems that when it kicks in to launch patchserver-commandline.exe it doesn't work, it gets the error in #5.

So, I tried to launch patchserver-commandline.exe in the background first, to see if it would help.... no. Same error.

Windows 11 Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.608)

Really appreciate your help :) I'd love to get these (3) old bricks running again. In saying that, I saved BBC Radio 6 Music and ABC Melbourne as presets, they still work :)

• Advertisement

Ach. So another report that the patch server won't work with 64-bit versions of Windows. That's a real shame.

I hope you have a 32-bit laptop lying around somewhere, especially when you have three radios you could bring back to life.

No worries, I'll dig out a Windows 10 machine, and I do have a Windows XP netbook that might work too. Thanks for all your help vinnielo! :)

Hold fire....

I got the test working! And on Win11.

Basically, when I ran the patchserver, there was a flash of screen and it went off so quickly I couldn't see what flashed. So I ran it again, pressed print screen, and it stayed on! Once I turned off DHCP on the radio, inserted the static address and my laptop as the DNS, it ran the test.

I ran then the sharpfin-base_0.3.patch and the Sharpfin-www_0.9.install

Both worked. I was then able to point to the webserver on the radio. Brilliant :)

.... until I went to the next step, Step 4 on http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/sharpfin/

It wasn't having any of it.

Anywhere else I can point to this file?

That's odd. The file exists if you point to it on a web browser.

Maybe try using https:// instead of http:// ?

If all else fails, I have also included the patch file in the .zip file I provided. You could either upload that yourself or just use the patchserver again. Just make sure the corresponding install.txt file (https://www.gforums.de/daten/sharpfin-ep2.install.txt) is in the same directory.

Can you please explain how you managed to get further than beyond the 0xc000007b error?

Intrigued to see what you did differently here to get somewhere where the error doesn't show.

Ok, I got that done with the patchserver, the interface now looks like this..

The same error as before now exists for the Media Server 2.1, can you provide a text file like before, please?

"Can you please explain how you managed to get further than beyond the 0xc000007b error?"

I think what I did was install the 32-bit version of Cygwin on Win11, I just kept trying things, but I cannot be sure at this stage, 6 hours in :D

I'm almost there :)

Do you know what I think it is? Did you put your radio back into DHCP (as instructed at the very end of Step 3)?

I think it's still using your local server which you'd manually overridden as the gateway. That's why it can't reach anywhere on the internet!

It's an easily forgotten step.

I did go back into DHCP after each step, just to check that the two presets saved on the device still worked (and they still do!)

But I've gone back to static when updating the files.

Media Server 2.1 seems to be stubborn atm.

EDIT: Tried with HTTP:// and HTTPS://

There was a problem downloading the installfile. Check the URL was correct. Are you sure it is a Sharpfin installfile?

Downloading Installation File: http://www.megapico.co.uk/sharpfin/Sharpfin-media-server-2.1.2.install
    killall: wget: no process killed
    wget: bad address 'www.megapico.co.uk'
    bunzip2: install.tar.bz2: No such file or directory
    tar: install.tar: No such file or directory

Ah, it was worth a stab.

Download the file manually http://www.megapico.co.uk/sharpfin/Sharpfin-media-server-2.1.2.install

From what I can remember, you can spoof the text file with an empty file as long as it's got the right filename.

Try a variation of "Sharpfin-media-server-2.1.2.install.txt" or "Sharpfin-media-server-2.install.txt"

😀😀

😀

Well, that's awesome! Congratulations!

I still can't figure out why the patches won't install via the web server, but at least you're there now!

With all the patches you've applied, don't forget you can now also edit your 5 presets. Just make sure you're in the Radio Home section of the web interface. You'll see an option to Manage Presets. You no longer have the fear of accidentally holding down on a button and overwriting the stored preset! :)

Have fun playing!!

Out of interest, what are you other two radios?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your vinnielo, much appreciated. I had one, and then I cleaned out a Currys in NI ~2008 of two very discounted Logiks 😂😂

I had one in the kitchen, office and bedroom. All were retired a few years ago for smart speakers, but I had a real fondness for the tone of the Logik's. I read that I can't have more than one flashed Logik on the network at the same time, correct?

Someone needs to tell radiofeeds.co.uk to add 8Radio.com to the Irish list!

Brilliant!

Yes, the IR100s do have a nice sound to them, but only if they're sitting on the right kind of surface. The volume is also so (satisfyingly) easily controllable with a knob that doesn't resist being turned! Beats having to bash UP UP UP UP UP UP UP on a physical push button.

Unfortunately, mine does suffer from the mains hum. I'm tempted to open it up to wiggle things or to secure down components, but knowing my luck, I'll probably get a nasty zap from a very charged-up capacitor.

It does also occasionally go into mute for no reason whatsoever, and the only fix is to take the plug out for about half an hour or longer! Haven't figured out why that is and I think it's a software bug rather than a hardware issue.

Yes, I don't believe you can have more than one radio on the network. I suspect this is because the uPnP servers in the radios are identified by the same name, but I've never had this confirmed by the developer. You could give it a try and report back.

As for 8radio, RadioFeeds only lists licensed stations broadcasting terrestrially or on satellite. We do have a scheme for internet radio stations to pay for a listing, and 8radio were on there for a while. At the moment, there's quite a demand for a slot (since we only allow 20 stations) and there is a waiting list in operation. If they'd like to rejoin, they're certainly very welcome to get in touch, but there'll be quite a wait.

I have a Logik set but I’m not really technical minded. Is there a step by step guide available for dumbos like me ?

I think it depends on your competency of installing programs, applying settings successfully to your radio and having a basic knowledge of computer networking. It's a lot harder to do if you don't have these to begin with. Having said that, I think the pdf covers a lot of the steps quite well.

Let me know where you get stuck and maybe that'll help me reconsider how I phrase each of the steps.

Thanks Vinnie, I’ll give it a go later in the week! Can you pm me whatever details I need? Thank you.

Without having an idea of your competency levels.. I can't, no. It's unproductive.

Ok no problem! I have my roberts 93i anyway so I’m not stuck.

Your advantage is that many people have had success with the Logik.

Yes, the one in my bedroom had the mains hum, which didn't bother me unduly, but the lack of support relegated it to "vintage". Now it's alive again, thanks to you 😀

As for 8Radio.... Ahhh! It's often temporarily licenced on FM here, so I'd consider it a proper station worthy of a link. 😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement