Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking rad valve.

Options
  • 15-11-2020 12:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭

hello folks,

the valve seems to be leaking from the pipe side and not the radiator side. The valve is a simple small valve ( not a thermostatic valve). It's turned sideways as the pipe comes out from the wall. The pipe is qualpex. I tried giving the nut between qualpex and valve a quarter turn but it seems worse if anything. Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

johney wrote: »
    hello folks,

the valve seems to be leaking from the pipe side and not the radiator side. The valve is a simple small valve ( not a thermostatic valve). It's turned sideways as the pipe comes out from the wall. The pipe is qualpex. I tried giving the nut between qualpex and valve a quarter turn but it seems worse if anything. Help appreciated.

Plumber + phone = fixed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭johney

thanks Bowhead for taking some of your valuable time and giving me such a detailed idea of what needs to be done. You are indeed too kind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭buky

MOD SNIP Liable to derail the thread.

OP, they usually they leak from the spindle over time especially if you are turning them on and off regularly. It may just appear to come from somewhere else. Take off the plastic cap and check this then tighten the nut which is around the spindle and see if it works.

Advertisement