Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of install of pump on hot water

Options
  • 14-11-2020 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me roughly the cost of installing a pump to increase the pressure of the hot water in my house. I'm an electrician so can cover the wiring side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me roughly the cost of installing a pump to increase the pressure of the hot water in my house. I'm an electrician so can cover the wiring side.

All depends on the type of pump.

You can get a shower type pump which will pump hot and cold.
    Plastic body or brass body.

Brass body pump is much quieter, however is more expensive.

300-400 euro mark I would say.
    https://www.greentherm.ie/product/grundfos-amazon-1-5-bar-positive-head-shower-pump/

Labor will vary but something in the region of 100-150 should be reasonable.
    If the access to Pipework is more difficult so too will price.

You will need to check if you need a positive or negative head pump.

Your plumber can tell you which is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

djr15 wrote: »
    All depends on the type of pump.

You can get a shower type pump which will pump hot and cold.
    Plastic body or brass body.

Brass body pump is much quieter, however is more expensive.

300-400 euro mark I would say.
    https://www.greentherm.ie/product/grundfos-amazon-1-5-bar-positive-head-shower-pump/

Labor will vary but something in the region of 100-150 should be reasonable.
    If the access to Pipework is more difficult so too will price.

You will need to check if you need a positive or negative head pump.

Your plumber can tell you which is needed.

One other thing, if it's just hot water you wish to increase the pressure of, you can get a single version of the pump on link.
    One pipe in, one pipe out with increased pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

Went looking for quotes on this today. Here's the first one I got back

"Good morning Paul,

Gas boiler service is €99+vat (vat is 13.5%).
    Water pump replacement is usually around €980+vat, however this price might be different if you do not have the pump preinstalled and if the additional pipework has to be done for this reason.

In order to provide a correct quote we would have to send a plumber to do a survey which we charge €99+vat, then we provide a quote in next 24h and if you'd like to proceed with the quote then the survey charge is refunded."

I dont have the pipework installed either :D......

MOD SNIP, name removed provided the quote. I think I'll keep looking :)

Advertisement