Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasterboard question on getting ready for new kitchen

Options
  • 14-11-2020 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I had our kitchen removed today and there were some wall tiles which were removed and have left the adhesive. Removing this is going to badly damage the plasterboard and so my question is, I presume the best course of action would be to cut out the affected areas, insert in some new plasterboard and skim over again...am i correct or am I missing anything obvious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

whats the plan for the next step
    maybe reslab the lot

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

whats the plan for the next step
    maybe reslab the lot

There will be a new kitchen being installed on 3rd December - I’m conscious of a full reslab and giving it enough time to dry.

How long should you wait after plastering before it is usable

• Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

skim on fresh board will dry in a few days with some medium to low heat and good air circulation, maybe use a fan keep the air circulating against the surface of the skim

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If you are skimming/slabbing, consider the electrics now before doing any of the work. If there's is upper units you probably don't need to skim the entire wall. Might be a challenge to get a plaster to take on such a small job.

Another option would be to patch up the board as you say, maybe some joint filler and fit a glass splashback once the kitchen and counters are installed.

Advertisement