Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Konjac noodles

Options
  • 14-11-2020 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Also known as skinny noodles or water noodles. Made from konjac root and have extremly low carb value. They come precooked and sealed and you need to rinse before using. I enjoy the noodles and find they taste just like rice noodles. You can also get pasta and rice which i have tried but didnt like, in the thicker form its very rubbery.
    Any my question is this, has anyone tried freezing or microwaving them.
    At home i prepare my meals fresh so no issue with them. But at weekends i like to bulk cook and freeze my work meals and then defrost on the way to work and microwave at work.
    I made a thai green curry and added the noodles to it. Packed, froze, defrosted, microwaved. And the noodles had turned to shrivelled bits of cellophane like stuff, vile. I had to throw it out.
    I dont know if it was the freezing or the microwave or the combination of both. Ive no microwave at home so cant test that part.
    They do dry up quickly if left out of the sealed pack so im thinking maybe the freezing dried them.
    Has anyone any experience of freezing or microwaving them to share.
    Im back to the office next week after 8 months of working from home so will be preparing and freezing meals in advance again. Thanks.

Advertisement