Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite hand sanitizer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I haven't tasted enough of them yet to give an honest opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

Quite fond of the Handmade Soap Company’s sanitiser. It smells amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I could do lines of the Carex off the gates of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,068 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

come on, you know how this is gonna go. some people love the high protein stuff. better for the face though.

its clearly that one with the swiss flag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Jeyes Fluid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I tend to use oven cleaner, just to be safe, but then I discovered that Is basically what cartels use to dissolve corpses. No wonder my Jo Brands have been so chapped lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

The glove!

The Queen of England won't touch one of her subjects without one, and I don't blame her!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Soap and water

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Caustic soda

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Piss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

TerminB8 is very refreshing it has a lovely citrus scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hate most of the santiser in shops.
    Slimy and/or stinky.

Can we please have unscented santiser with just alcohol, peroxide, glycerol and water in public places?
    If you expect people to use it, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,187 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know one of the Dealz smells awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Isopropyl alcohol with some essential oils blended in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Anything but the crap that most shops use, like snot in a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Have over 30 bottles of sanitiser, not a hoarder but I get a couple of bottles every day I work.

Getting to the stage where my suitcase will need a dangerous goods sticker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Prosan, but it's expensive and difficult to get hold of. Sanity that Supervalu stock isn't bad for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Don't have a fav, but the perfumed ones are the work of the devil.

Give us one not too thick with a nice clean alcoholly smell and we're good.

Never mind the sanitizer, it's the hand cream that I have to use in industrial quantities to offset the drying effect of the constant handwashing and sanitizing that really matters.

Nuxe, Aveeno or Palmers, ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I know know as i actually have a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Constant hand-washing has destroyed my hands to the point where it's probably too late for moisturising hand cream. Amputation might be a better idea. If Mother Teresa of Calcutta, may she rest in peace, had a scrotum, that's basically what my hands look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Anything but the crap that most shops use, like snot in a bottle.

The ones Tesco use are the opposite, they are way too liquid and you've to shake your hands to get it off

.anon. wrote: »
    Constant hand-washing has destroyed my hands to the point where it's probably too late for moisturising hand cream. Amputation might be a better idea. If Mother Teresa of Calcutta, may she rest in peace, had a scrotum, that's basically what my hands look like.

It's never too late to moisturize!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Candie wrote: »
    It's never too late to moisturize!

Get the Carex with the aloe vera. It's the biz.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Caustic soda
    Good news. It won't dissolve your bones.

Only the tissue around them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The cleaning company in work supplies one that doesn't smell of much (you can get the alcohol note briefly), dries off quickly and doesn't leave a residue. Can't remember the name now but I checked back in March/April and its only available commercially.

90% of the ones out there are either stinky, sticky or both. Or take multiple minutes to dry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

biko wrote: »
    Isopropyl alcohol with some essential oils blended in.
    I use surgical spirits(95% alcohol) with like you some essential oils, mostly a hint of rosemary or frankincense mixed in. Dries near instantly and I found my skin is happy out with it. If anything my skin feels softer these days. Then again people's skin varies so much and my mix could leave others looking like they had rampant hand leprosy. Case in point the near pure alcohol is great, but a fair number of liquid soaps leave my skin irritated.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was in a hotel in Waterford during the summer and the sanitizer smelt like tequilla, Jasus I felt like I should not have driven after putting it on my hands.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    90% of the ones out there are either stinky, sticky or both. Or take multiple minutes to dry.
    Can't use pure alcohol as it evaporates too fast , there has to be enough contact time to do it's job.

But yeah it shouldn't be sticky

Advertisement