Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Is this a classic car? Amphibious.

• 14-11-2020 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ Donegal Overlanding

Is it even a car?

Anyway, it was a camp trip we went out on in 2018 and I just thought I would put together a little video with the tiny amount of footage I had sitting there.

Some of you may love this kind of thing, we personally think it's amazing!

https://youtu.be/8altU1CRe7Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭ John Hutton

Might pick up a bargain one from the Viking Splash guys in Dublin, in liquidation.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,854 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Might pick up a bargain one from the Viking Splash guys in Dublin, in liquidation.

Oh no, that's sad. Seemed to be a very well run and successful business. Damn COVID :-(

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ Donegal Overlanding

I just watched a youtube video of the Viking Splash tour, it was actually pretty decent and the commentator was making a good effort with the humour. They deserve to keep afloat. badoomtish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

Did splash use Stalwarts? I thought it was ducks (DKWM or what ever it really was )

• Registered Users Posts: 24,690 ✭✭✭✭ Wishbone Ash

Isambard wrote: »
    Did splash use Stalwarts? I thought it was ducks (DKWM or what ever it really was )
    They use ducks from WWII.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭ Isambard

that's what I thought. Stalwart also came as Fire Engines. They were all terrain vehicles, many years ago there was a series on tv with various vehicles competing in an old quarry, fascinating stuff.

Advertisement