Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA Licence Applications

Options
  • 13-11-2020 2:15pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭


    Does anyone know the current turnaround time for IAA licence applications to be loaded onto the system?

    My application was delivered this week but my card still hasn't been charged. Once my card is charged at least I'll know they've received it.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe


    the entire IAA system is backedas most of the office staff are working from home and the post office isholding back deliveries.Im three months waiting to get my license back.m


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx


    user302243 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the current turnaround time for IAA licence applications to be loaded onto the system?

    My application was delivered this week but my card still hasn't been charged. Once my card is charged at least I'll know they've received it.

    I have a B1 engineers licence and I sent it up to get an aircraft type added just after the last lockdown. I had it back in about 6 weeks which I think was pretty quick, it usually takes around that when there is no pandemic!!
    From experience, they only charge you once the application is processed, so its usually a good indication that your licence is on the way back to you rather than that its delivered!

    Did you send it registered post?


  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭user302243


    Yes I sent it Express Post. It wasn't delivered next day as apparently the office is only open Monday Wednesday and Fridays now.

    I know everything will be slow now, just wish there was some way to be sure it is in IAA hands and not sitting somewhere else in the building.


  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320


    user302243 wrote: »
    Yes I sent it Express Post. It wasn't delivered next day as apparently the office is only open Monday Wednesday and Fridays now.

    I know everything will be slow now, just wish there was some way to be sure it is in IAA hands and not sitting somewhere else in the building.

    Email them and ask there's an address for personnel licensing on the website,I got a reply from them a few weeks ago about renewal


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Vinnie B


    A320 wrote: »
    Email them and ask there's an address for personnel licensing on the website,I got a reply from them a few weeks ago about renewal

    Anyone aware as to what the current turn around times are?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx


    Vinnie B wrote: »
    Anyone aware as to what the current turn around times are?

    I have mine up there now for the addition of a type. Must be easily 8 weeks since I sent it off!


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Vinnie B


    Skuxx wrote: »
    I have mine up there now for the addition of a type. Must be easily 8 weeks since I sent it off!

    Yikes! Fingers crossed it’s not that long for me !


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx


    Vinnie B wrote: »
    Yikes! Fingers crossed it’s not that long for me !

    What are you applying for?


  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Vinnie B


    Skuxx wrote: »
    What are you applying for?

    PPLM post GST


  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭General Disarray


    Far cry from a few years ago when I got a type rating added in the time it took me to walk across the road for a take away coffee and come back.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97


    About 3half months for me, first jet rating and pbn privileges


Advertisement